Blind Hysteria

This blog created as a vent port for myself, a registered sex offender (RSO) and those affected by the recent hysteria surrounding RSOs, in particular web sites which display names, addresses and photographs, despite the offender's successful re-integration with society.

Friday, February 25, 2005

MSNBC Today

The Abrams Report on MSNBC today covered a story out of Illinois about efforts to stop registered sex offenders from wearing Santa Clause or Easter costumes. Now, I can get onboard with shopping centers not hiring registered child molesters to play Santa. The last think I want is my kid to sit on the lap of some old perv so desperate for cash that he has to take one of these miserable jobs. The report was vague and, like most news stories, probably 75% inaccurate, but Abrams mentioned that SORs might be barred from wearing any costumes at all. And maybe not even be allowed to pass out candy at friggen Halloween!!!!

Personally I like to go out and party on Halloween with friends. My wife loves to dress up and we head out to West Hollywood to people watch. Besides, I end up eating most of the candy I buy to hand out well before the stoopid holiday, but to make sure have plenty for the big night, I buy more. And each year I am reminded that there are a fraction of the kids out on the street as when I was a kid, and most of it is still in the bowl by the end of the evening. To stop myself from eating it I take it to work and eave it in the kitchen for others to enjoy.

So in Illinions yo umight not even be able to wear a Santa outfit to entertain your own kids in your own house. Wild. I think next Halloween I'll dress up like a Nazi fascist from the People's Republik of Illinois.

Where will it end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home