Blind Hysteria

This blog created as a vent port for myself, a registered sex offender (RSO) and those affected by the recent hysteria surrounding RSOs, in particular web sites which display names, addresses and photographs, despite the offender's successful re-integration with society.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Disneyland

I did a Google search of Registered Sex Offender blogs to see if anyone else had started something like this and I came upon the link below.
http://thedisneyblog.typepad.com/tdb/2005/02/sex_offenders_l.html

This person is actually concerned about RSOs living near Disneyland, as though you're at greater risk of attack inside the park if an RSO lives nearby. This kinda set me off and I posted my response below. You can also read it at the link above...

I am amazed at the continued lack of rational thought by too many Americans these days, especially with regard tot he hysteria surrounding registered sex offenders "living near you!" Now someone is actually paranoid about those living "near" Disneyland, as though there proximity to the park makes the danger to your child within the park so much greater. Given the price of admission to the park, and that the overwhelming number of kids in there will be with a parent and closely supervised, not to mention the number of staff and cameras, I don't think any pervert with that much premeditation would choose this as a place to find victims. Indeed, I wonder what the number of actual attacks within the park actually has been since the place opened, and of those, how many were residents of the local neighborhood, and of those, how many were registered sex offenders? If the answer to that question was Zero, would you feel any safer? I would, however I’d still be afraid of a malfunctioning piece of equipment or poorly trained ride operator. I’ll bet more people have been killed or maimed at the park than molested.

Do you people even stop for second of reflection before regurgitating a thought?

I'll bet that a more frequent crime within the park is thievery - pick pockets, car break-ins, etc. That said, I'd be more interested in knowing who the thieves are that live in nearby and want to know what Mr. Eisner is doing to protect my money. I mean, he has a vested interest in making sure that if my wallet gets lifted, it's by me when I take it out to pay for a $3 bottle of water, or $10 set of friggen mouse ears.

Let's be rationale people. If you actually plan your vacations or days off around where the pervs might live, then you have deeper issues.

Comments welcome.

Signed,

A Registered Sex offender Living (Harmlessly) Near You

4 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Darren said…

    I was doing a "view next blog" surf and came upon yours. Good luck; I hope it does some good.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Octavius Winslow said…

    Thanks, me too.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger rmacapobre said…

    im random blog surfing. what does it mean when a persons registered as opposed to not registered?

    you are free to roam about?

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Octavius Winslow said…

    Registered or not registered, you are free to roam about. It depends on the city, county or state to which you travel, but all require sometime of notification of local authorities if your visit is going to last x number of days.
    The theory is that if a crime occurs and the suspect matches your description, then the police know you're there and where to find you.
    Registration depends on the honor system and it is the honorable few who are getting punished by having their names and fotos on the web sites.
    These sites should be titled, "Registered Sex Offenders Living and Obeying the Law Near You."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home